Schools in Chandler>Question Details

Rmeade666, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

Which High School is considered the Best in Chandler - Public, Private and Charter

Asked by Rmeade666, Colorado Springs, CO Fri May 17, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Chandler

Answers

6
My family lived in Arizona (namely Chandler) for 12 years. Both my boys went to Chandler schools. I would say not to listen to the person that said Basha High School is out too far, Riggs Rd is a main road going through Chandler and there is a community called "Sun Groves" that have some very nice homes to rent. They run between 189,000 to 310,000 to buy and run around 1300.00 to 1600.00 to rent so I would in no way call it "getto" It has a elementary school out there as well (Naverette) With the 202 running from one end of town to the other, NOWHERE in Chandler takes very long to get to. Also there id Hamilton High School. Anyone that says that Hamilton is a bad design or the snobbish or stuck up students are probably just jealous. It has one of the top rated football programs in the country (over 6 State titles) One of my boys went to Hamilton, and the other one went to Basha (we moved out to a BRAND NEW home, yes rented) so that put him in Basha's boundaries. You can not go wrong at either school. Great bunch of people, staff, teachers, at both schools.
Take the children to Chandler High. Perry High is good too. Both are A+ schools, but that's besides the point. Forget Basha High. It's too far (out on the edge of nowhere), and too ghetto. Fights and expulsions are commonplace. Hamilton is stuck in the '70's with their interior design. The students are way too snobbish and stuck up. The school was built for 3,000 students and they pack in 3,500 students. Too overcrowded. What school library? There is none. They have to share the public library next door, lol. Chandler High has it's own exclusive library and the City of Chandler's best public library is only a few blocks away. "Oh but Hamilton has a Starbucks across the street." lol, who cares? "Hamilton has the best football team and takes first place all of the time." Who cares? Most teens don't. Chandler High has a nice Chandler Center for the Arts auditorium to use. Hamilton just has an .....auditorium. "Oh but Hamilton has more AP classes." And the point is? Good luck at getting half of those "extra" credits accepted as full credits in college. Most colleges make you retake those courses anyway. The few extra AP classes they offer are only good for bragging rights to your friends and family. Chandler High has more workshop and industrial classes. Hamilton doesn't. Chandler High is centrally located. Hamilton isn't. Chandler High may be old. But along with age comes beauty. It has architecture. Hamilton is just another cheap '70's cinder block cookie cutter design. Chandler High is more diverse concerning ethnicity, therefore, less snobs. Do you want your children to be happy about their school? Send them the Chandler High School.
My favorite website is http://www.azcharters.org which will give you information about and rating for both public and charter schools. Just go to bottom left hand side and select:

Find and compare schools here

Happy hunting.

Theresa
Are you looking for a elementary school or high school?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
Agents should never tell you which school is best, because we don't know what the student needs are. We can provide you with information which allows you to research schools that may meet a students needs. Here are a couple of resources for you to use...

You can try http://www.greatschools.org to research school choices.

You can also visit each individual school on our website here:
http://www.dynamicresourcerealty.com/buying-a-home/area-scho…

Good luck! Please feel free to contact me if you need any additional information.
Excellant answer Shawn . . . always be the source of the source
Flag Sat May 18, 2013
Hamilton High is the top ranked high school in Chandler. My office is located right across the street from it so I am very familiar with the area. I would be happy to set-up a custom search for you which includes homes in the school boundaries. Chandler also offers our of boundary exceptions and receives many applications each year. The school has a strong academic and sports program. It regularly has students who receive the coveted Flinn Scholarship (full ride College in AZ. + abroad studies). A senior football player received a scholarship to play at Notre Dame next year. I also provided a link with more info on schools in AZ. Please contact me if you'd like further info or assistance in your home search! :) Patty