Schools in Castle Rock>Question Details

kelrayburn, Home Owner in Castle Rock, CO

Where is your website getting information on class sizes for DCSD schools? They are not accurate!!!

Asked by kelrayburn, Castle Rock, CO Mon Dec 16, 2013

Although that figure is fluid and continues to change, this site is definitely not the best to get school information. If you would like more accurate information, go to the county website instead.

Robert McGuire ASR
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
Looking at my child's elementary school on Trulia - I can see what you mean about the class size not being accurate to actual classroom numbers. I noticed that there was a line that stated that the class average was based on the average number students per teacher at the school. So for our neighborhood school, the site is counting the 39 teachers available at the school for the 600+ students equaling 18 students per teacher…but those numbers must include support teachers (reading specialist, art, music, P.E., speech, etc) and not just the classroom teachers! It also looks like the information is about a year old too. I know our enrollment numbers are down compared to last year since a new charter school opened in our area. Most websites like Trulia pull there information from the school district websites directly…so if the school district website is not up to date their reporting, then other websites won't be either.
My website pulls public information given by the schools. Can you please tell me what school was not accurate so I can look into it further. It is very important to me that only accurate information display on my website. Is there a specific school you are interested in? I would be happy to make some calls for you to get updated information.
I appreciate your time