Schools in Colorado>Question Details

Lisa, Home Buyer in California

Where is a good neighborhood in Colorado in the suburbs of Denver with a good school district?

Asked by Lisa, California Mon May 12, 2008

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Colorado

Answers

13
Lisa,

The best school districts in the Denver Metro Area are: Douglas County, Cherry Creek and Jefferson County. You can find more information about all the schools in Colorado at the Colorado Department of Education at http://www.cde.state.co.us. Most of the neighborhoods that feed to these schools are good.

If you would like me to send you some properties that are located in these school districts please feel free to contact me!

Leslie Heldenbrand
Broker Associate
720-283-5978
http://www.LeslieHeldenbrand.com
lheldenbrand@msn.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 12, 2008
Hi Lisa,
I grew up in the Cherry Creek School District, and now my child is in the same District, and it has always been wonderful. Home values tend to do well in this District due to the demand to live in it. But, everyone has their own preferences. The web reference below will take you to a web site that will allow you to search the various schools. All the best!
Hello Lisa,
We live in Sedalia, colorado. Douglas county schools are one of the finist in the state, my wife is a teacher in the county for the last 12 years, and i'm a home builder. Please let us know if we can answer any questions for you.
Bruce
Hi Lisa, Douglas County Schools, Cherry Creek Schools and LIttleton Public Schools are school districts that have all rated very well in the past in the South Metro Denver Suburbs.

Douglas County Schools are going to give you options in areas such as Highlands Ranch, Parker, Castle Rock, Castle Pines North, Lone Tree and small parts of Littleton.

Littleton Public Schools will give you options in Littleton, western Centennial and even parts of Greenwood Village.

Cherry Creek Schools are going to give you options in Cherry Hills Village, Centennial and parts of Greenwood Village and parts of south Aurora.

One thing to note is that Colorado is an open enrollment state, meaning if a school has room there are periods (usually in December) that you can open enroll in a school other than your home school.

Hope that helps!
Windsor School district is awesome! It's only about an hour north-west of Denver. The town of West Greeley is in the Windsor School District and offers easy access to highways and shopping new areas, nice and quiet neighborhoods. Check it out! My husband and I are looking for a home in this area, specifically in a neighborhood called Promontory. Gorgeous, BIG homes! Good Luck!
Cherry Creek School district. We have our home for sale and have had it for sale for awhile due to the market, but it's a home that we are listing a lot lower than the equity will be in a year or so. It's 6461 S Quemoy Way. Aurora, CO http://www.EagleSummitRealEstate.com
Hi Lisa,
The best schools are Cherry Creek, Douglas County and Littleton, in that order. Boulder is also a great school system, but Boulder homes tend to cost much more along with an elevated cost of living. Jefferson County and Denver County schools are not known for excellence. Google a search for school districts in Colorado to find a world of information about the systems. "Children [and grandchildren] are the time capsules we send to the future," so you are on the right track by attempting to find the best schools. Wishing you the best!
Web Reference: http://www.HarryP.us.com
Lisa,

1). Parker, CO - Douglas Co. school district. Very good agree with everyone below. Plus we are equestrian town with a home town feel. We have a lot of cool shops- Sprouts from California being one.

2). South Aurora- Cherry Creek (#1 in Colorado)- Tallyns Reach or Blackstone area is super nice. Southlands Mall nearby- very posh.

Best of luck to you- feel free to visit my website to learn more about the neighborhoods in Douglas Co.

Cheers!

Respectfully,
Sarah Solomon
In terms of overall test scores, the following school districts consistently ranked the highest: Cherry Creek, Douglas, Boulder, Broomfield and Littleton.

Of course, test scores are not the only factor to consider in evaluating the right schools for your child. When I am helping families moving to Denver, I suggest that part of their house hunting trip be set aside to visit local schools. That way families can get a firsthand impression of the schools their children might be attending.

individual schools in several other school districts also casts very well. Below I've attached a link that shows the top testing schools throughout the metropolitan area. The A+ schools achieved statewide test scores in the top 10%.
If I was you I would be looking in Douglas County. Excellent schools, many options for free private education via charter schools. I'm a mother of two and have lived in Douglas County for over 6 years and LOVE it!
I think mentioning the Adams 12 district would also be fair. It really depends where in the Denver Metro area you want to live, then narrowing it down to the school districts that you find acceptable.
Lisa: Here's a link to an article I wrote on my blog on Active Rain that includes links to different web sites giving you information on Colorado Schools: http://activerain.com/blogs/kathytorline?page=2

Hope you find the information helpful.
Web Reference: http://www.kathytorline.com
Hi Lisa,

I agree with Leslie about the best school districts. I currently live in Highlands Ranch which is in the Douglas County School District and we have 2 young boys. Highlands Ranch is a great place to raise a family with lots of activities, 4 rec centers and fantastic schools. I'm not a Realtor, but I have a great contact that I would be happy to pass along to you. Just e-mail me at ben@bythebrookemortgage.com and I'll send over his information.

Take care,

Ben Edgson
Mortgage Broker
720.280.0441
ben@bythebrookemortgage.com