Schools in 08619>Question Details

WPI, Other/Just Looking in Hamilton, OH

Where can I find stat's about private schools in Hamilton Township?

Asked by WPI, Hamilton, OH Tue Nov 25, 2008

Specifically - St Gregory The Great, and Our Lady of Sorrows

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 08619

Answers

6
Hi Winnie.
That would seem like the easiest solution. However, I purchased my home in a great part of Hamilton last summer and will loose money if I were to sell now. Also, the homes are the market now are homes of people that have to move versus people that are looking to upgrade. A lot are "short sales". Therefore pickings are limited and I'm really picky. I looked for over 2 years before buying this house. Taxes on a similar house in WW would be at least $5,000 more. Using St Greg's tuition of $3,000 per year at 9 years (k-8) I would pay 27,000 in tuition or $45,000 more for taxes in WW. Notre Dame is $9,600 per year = $38,400 versus $20,000 in WW. So 13 years of Catholic school = $65,400 versus WW taxes of $65,000 for the same 13 years of school. Add into the cost of movers, realtors, painting, rugs, etc... it's doesn't pay to move. Plus I'm not that crazy about WW as a community. As you can see, I've thought a lot about this.

To answer my own original question - I contacted the Treton Diocese and was told that when I actually go to each school, the school will sit down with me a review test scores and other important information.
If you are considering Catholic School I would recommend St. Ann's in Lawrence township. Its the main feeder school for Notre Dame. If its in your budget The Chapin School in Princeton is good. However, it costs about 27k a year.
You may also want to ask at the admin building in Hamilton as often districts pay a portion of the bussing expenses of families opting for private schooling. As for stats often private schools dont report. Many public schools are also opting out of class rankings etc. Bottom line is you should probably visit the schools you are contemplating even if this is a while away. Compared to Princeton, West Windsor, Hopewell Valley Regional, Montgomery and South Brunswick I doubt Hamilton would do well. Nearby to Hamilton is Robbinsville which is still a little too new to get a handle on but I suspect it will do well also.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 29, 2008
Thanks for answering. I'm looking at K-8 since I will not be sending my child to Hamilton schools if we still live in Hamilton. I have a good amount of time before "K" to either move or find the right school.
Also Saint Pauls in Princeton,waldorf in Princeton Twp, (Stuart is a sacred hear all girl school though I believe they have a new all boy school called Princeton academy),Notred Dame in Lawrence also come to mind.
What is the age of child(ren)?
Jp: There are none. There is a Trenton Catholic Academy and at least one charter school in the township. With in about 10-12 miles you have about a dozen. They include Hun, Lawrenceville, Peddie, Pennington, Princeton Day, Chapin, Stewart, Villa Victoria, St Mary's-Donne in Burlington and, over in Pennsylvania, The George School. There are also a number of charter schools in the area. If I missed any, I'm really very sorry and apoligies to them and you but that list and a Mercer County phone book will get you started