Schools in Charlotte>Question Details

rpeek, Renter in Charlotte, NC

What schools are available to Sedgefield neighborhood?

Asked by rpeek, Charlotte, NC Fri Apr 19, 2013

Moving to Charlotte this summer and want to know what public schools are available to me if we live in the Sedgefield neighborhood

Help the community by answering this question:


Currently, the schools that feed from Sedgefield (in Union County) are Sandy Ridge Elementary, Marvin Ridge Middle and Marvin Ridge High. Lines can be redrawn on a yearly basis so you must confirm all assignments! Your agent should do this for you before placing an offer on a home.

I am very familiar with Union County and would love to help you find a home there if you are still looking for an agent. Just give me a call (704)-999-5958.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 21, 2013

School districts can run through Sedgefield so it's something I could look up for you on a house-by-house basis. What age school district are you looking for? High School?

John Siddons
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013

without an exact address it is tough to say. There are boundaries that decide where a child attends school and noone wants to give you the wrong information. A great website that tells you the schools located for a specific address is You just put in the address and it will tell yoou the schools affiliated with that street address.

In addition to the schools assigned to you there are options avaialble in magent program schools dependign on the age of your children. I have kids in elementary, middle and High School. personally I have been pleased with the schools mine attend and the overall education they receive here in Charlotte,

Dave diCecco
Coldwell Banker United
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 21, 2013
Good morning, RPeek:
here is a good resource for finding out what schools are associated with specific addresses in Mecklenburg County. and below is a link to the Student Assignment Boundary Maps. There are also several magnet schools that specialize in language, science, math, etc. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 20, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer