Schools in Oklahoma City>Question Details

Miranda Fore…, Home Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

What kind of IEP program do the have here. what schools are the best?

Asked by Miranda Foreman, Oklahoma City, OK Sat Aug 3, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3126487445-2365-W-Britton-Rd-Ok…

Answers

3
mamallama’s answer
Deer Creek vs Edmond - as noted depends on the focus you have for your children but both are top. Norman is next but there are private schools in great abundance if you prefer and would rather a home in an upscale area in OKC such as Nichols Hills.
I moved here 2 years ago and settled on Edmond Santa Fe High School combined with Francis Tuttle Pre-Engineering Academy to ensure my child stayed on track for their plans of engineering college focus. Absolutely surpassed my expectations in the education, coaching and mentoring provided - all for no additional cost to me.
Now I am looking at moving to either eastern Edmond or Norman as school is no longer an issue and I want fast drive times to and from downtown but less housing cost.
Click on Trulia's "Local Info" Tab above for great info on Schools.
Miranda,

The best place to look is at this link: http://ok.gov/sde/accommodations-students-iep-or-504-plan. More info at the ok.gov Dept of Education. Currently, one of the hottest districts is Deer Creek, northwest of Edmond. Alt of people also like the smallness of the Bethany schools compared to the big city schools.

I was employed by the Dept of Human Services for 32 years before real estate. I know how vast that agency is I and know the Education Dept is vast as well. You need to be proactive in this search and determine what is best for your individual child's needs.

If I can assist in any way, let me know.

Karen Moseley, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Select
405-650-3548
karmoe@cox.net