Schools in Whiting>Question Details

Thomas Simmo…, Home Buyer in Shelburne Falls, MA

What kind od restructive regulations can I expect in an adult community? Pets, landscaping, etc?

Asked by Thomas Simmons, Shelburne Falls, MA Thu Sep 26, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3113673353-79-D-Franklin-Ln-W…

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Whiting

Answers

2
None that are odd - just to keep harmony. No fences . Pets fine - no lions. landscaping - no problem in most communities - with in 3 ' of the home. No pink water falls in the middle of the yard.
we have 90 + communities in Ocean and Monmouth counties with seniors living here. 10's of thousands of people. Only the real rebels will find it restrictive. However - that said you need to read the rules and regulations in the place you buy in BEFORE you make a final decision. I like to be left alone... USMC , Vietnam , purple heart - a little PTSD... I can cope - most others can too.
Hmmmm.....I think I'm a real rebel...I will look outside of the Socialized Environment....thanks!
Flag Mon Jan 27, 2014
Hello Thomas,

There are many different adult communities in this area and each has their own rules and regulations. Generally speaking, the community will take care of communal landscaping,trash removal, basic grass maintenance, snow removal after a set amount of inches and maintain clubhouse and community activities like bocci, swimming pool, golf course etc.

Some communities have restrictions on how many dogs can be owned and how big the dogs can be. Usually additional construction (deck?) would need advance approval from the board. If you are leaning to a particular community, I can send you their rules and regulations.

Thank you and good luck in your adult community search.
can you send me the regulations on crestwood village,thanx..Debbie.dam0502@aol.com
Flag Sat Nov 9, 2013
Thank you. To be honest, I am looking anywhere on the mid-NJ coast, with the fewest restrictions possible. I may be the odd bird, but I *want* to cut my own grass, plant my own gardens, etc, with a minimum of 'nosy-bodies' and boards telling me what to do. If a particular community comes to mind, please let me know! Otherwise, I will try for a distressed/foreclosure sale where I own my own property. Thanks.
Flag Thu Sep 26, 2013