Schools in Alexandria>Question Details

akamarck, Home Buyer in Fairfax, VA

What is the story with the Alexandria City Public Schools? Are there any good elementary schools, i.e. comparable with Fairfax schools?

Asked by akamarck, Fairfax, VA Sun Aug 26, 2012

Answers

4
Our website shows the school rankings for area schools. You can also use our site to search for homes by school district. The link below is to rankings for Alexandria city schools. Here's where you can search for a home by a particular school district: http://nesbittrealty.com/guide/home-search/search-by-school-…
My fav site for checking out schools is GreatSchools.net - they give the factual, objective measuring tools like test scores, etc. But they also provide commentary from parents. That combination is going to be as insightful as you get since, as someone else said "good" is subjective and hard to qualify. Personally, I think every child will have an individual experience and that is the only one that counts. I have had more than one child go through the same school - even the same subject with the same teacher - one does really well and learns a ton, the other has a terrible time.
Check out a link on my website- http://www.teamworksellshouses.com. The link gives info about all area schools including elementary and secondary. I know you will find it helpful.
Best of luck.
You can go on the county web site or Alex. City website and check it out. "Good" is up for interpretation. In my 25 years as a Realtor I have heard the following for "good" schools..

Test Scores
Student Teacher Ratio
Percentage of free/reduced lunches
Demographic
Socioeconomic
and lastly and most immeasurable "philosophy"

If you wish to speak to any of my clients who live in Alexandria or need any housing assistance etc. feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf,ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Re/Max Distinctive Real Estate
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222