Schools in Mechanicsburg>Question Details

evanscoetemp…, Home Buyer in Mechanicsburg, PA

What is the best public school in this area? What are the property tax rates as well? Thank you.

Asked by evanscoetemple4, Mechanicsburg, PA Fri May 11, 2012

Answers

2
As for schools in this area it could be said it is a matter of opinion. When this question is posed by a concerned parent of school age children I would recommend perhaps visiting the school board or investigate reports online thru web sites such as great schools.org. Tax rates are usually established within the township and they use a millage rate. This can usually be found on local government web sites. For example in the Mechanicsburg area you may want to visit ccpa.net which is Cumberland counties web site for assessments. Thanks for taking the time to email and I hope this helps you.
Hi! Here is a really great website. http://www.greatschools.org. That will answer all the questions about the schools you may have. On the West Shore, Hampden Township has one of the lowest millage rates in comparison to other townships. Silver Springs is slightly higher. Are you looking to move?