Schools in Oceanside>Question Details

Edward Hanan…, Home Buyer in Oceanside, CA

What is the best Oceanside School where there is no gang like activity and our children will get a good education, be safe and secure?

Asked by Edward Hanania, Oceanside, CA Fri Mar 8, 2013

We were considering a move to Carlsbad mainly because of the schools, however we have found we can get more for our dollar in Oceanside but we are very concerned about the schools. What is the best school in Oceanside?

Answers

9
Utah! LoL. Seriously, I have been in Oceanside for a while and we have looked all over the place. Each house we look at we take the time to talk to neighbors and kids we see walking around. We have yet to find any area of Oceanside that does not have a problem.
Darn it I keep remembering more details.

It is Vista Unified School Disctrict
Rancho Del Oro area
I live within the borders of Santa Fe Ave, Mesa Drive, College Ave right near the schools.

:0)
I also wanted to add that the area is middle/upper middle class famililes. There has never been an incident in this area that I know of since I moved here in 2005. There are some very affordable homes on the market.

Don't let anyone fool you about Carlsbad. Unless you can afford to put your kids in La Costa Canyon area, the schools have a lot of kids that are trouble there. I have a friend who has raised up 3 kids there. All three of them have problems and hated school.

La Costa Canyon is nice, but too sheltered for my taste, not to mention expensive.
Alamosa Elementary and Roosevelt Middle School are both in east Oceanside. Three of my kids went through them and are all at least 3.5 and up high schoolers. The neighborhood is awesome. All of the kids know each other and hang out together. They can walk down to the 7-11 for snacks and there is Walmart, Vons, fast food etc all within 1-2 miles.
If you live in Oceanside, you could be in one of 4 schools districts, so check the boundary maps. The school districts are Oceanside, Vista, Carlsbad, and Bonsall/Fallbrook. Here is the Oceanside School District boundary page as a starter: http://www.oside.k12.ca.us/schoolboundaries
In my day we didn't have gangs in our schools, sad that we do now!
Flag Sat May 24, 2014
Empresa elementary is great which is in the Rancho Del Oro area. However the El Camino high school does not impress me. I am not sure about the middle schools.
Hello Edward,
May family and I moved to Oceanside about 8 years ago and we too were very concerned about finding "Good" schools for them to attend. My daughters have/are attending both Empressa Elementary and Roosevelt Middle School. For high school they will attend Mission Vista where my wife has worked since it was opened. You can also go to http://www.greatschools.org and check out each of the schools for a better understanding of each.
I've worked for Remax United for 13 yrs and know the North County Coastal Communities very well and would love to assist you in finding the perfect home. Please feel free to call me and discuss any questions you may have and what you are looking for in a home for your family.
Have a great afternoon!
Brad Manning
(760) 419-1144
Hi Edward,
There are several excellent schools in Oceanside. Check out http://www.greatschools.org - they have ratings on each school and are very helpful. Per this site, the highest rated school in Oceanside is Ivey Ranch. My child goes to Nichols Elementary School which we also like a lot. Some other great schools include Palmquist and Christa McAuliffe. These are all in the Oceanside School District. As far as Vista USD, Empresa is very nice and Alamosa Park. Then there are newer homes (the Arrowood area) that are in Bonsall West. (also a great district)

I have lived in Oceanside since I was three and no one knows it better. I am the top recommended broker on Trulia in Oceanside and would love to bring my knowledge and experience in the area to you.

Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®
Trulia's #1 Recommended Broker in Oceanside!

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
brokermcallister@gmail.com EMAIL
Hello Edward,

My kids attend Alamosa Park Elementary which is considered one of the best schools in all of Oceanside. The Bonsall West School District in Arrowood is another area that many people consider as a great area. I would be happy to give you more information and can direct you to a few links for you to do more research on this topic. Please feel free to call or email me. Thank you.

Steven Torres
Area Sales Manager
REALTOR®, CDPE, C-REPS, SFR

Elite REO Services/Elite Premier Properties
2171 S. El Camino Real #209C
Oceanside, CA 92054
Cell: (760) 586-0854
Fax: (619) 819-4306
Email: steve.torres@elitereo.com
Website: http://www.your-sandiego.com