Schools in 55127>Question Details

rick.birdsall, Renter in Vadnais Heights, MN

What high school would my daughter go to?

Asked by rick.birdsall, Vadnais Heights, MN Sat Dec 31, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 55127

St. Paul has open enrollment so a child can apply to any public school they want to. If the child is in elementary school, the gifted and talented school has standards that the child must meet, and then they still might not get in because of competition. If your local public elementary school is an area school, like Horace Mann in Highland Park, your child can automatically go there with no application. If your child wants to attend an elementary magnet school, an application is necessary and there is more competition. For middle and high school, Highland Park is the area school but a child can apply to any school in the city; kids from the area around a school get preference, but once spaces are filled at a school, a lottery system kicks in and then kids will be selected from outside the area. So, if a Highland kid wants to go to Central, they'll have to apply and take their chances. If a Highland kid wants to go to Highland, they just put Highland as their first choice and that's it - they're in. As for bussing, if a kid gets accepted to a school outside their local area, bussing is provided but if they have to be bussed across town, be prepared for early mornings and late afternoons.
Most likely Mounds View, which I have put a link at the bottom for you to go check out the school boundaries. For some reason I could not find a PDF version of the school boundary maps. If anyone on here knows of where one is please let me know!

It is consistently rated as one of the top public schools not only in our state but the nation FYI. Hope that helps!
I would think the student would attend Roseville Schools.
Flag Mon Dec 3, 2012