Schools in Northridge>Question Details

Adam S, Home Buyer in Northridge, CA

What area is a reasonable commute to Northridge and has the best schools (middle and high)?

Asked by Adam S, Northridge, CA Sat Aug 8, 2009

Hi All. I am going to be taking a job in Northridge this fall and want to buy a house for our family (children ages 10 and 13) in an area that has the best possible schools within a reasonable commute. What area(s) would you suggest I consider? My plan is to rent a house or apt in that area while my kids finish the 2009-2010 school year so I can experience the area, visit schools and take time getting our current house (in Salem, OR) ready for sale. We would buy next Spring. Thank you for your help.

Answers

3
Northridge is a great area to raise a family. I have lived in Porter Ranch which is the northern part of Northridge for over 25 years. The most desirable high school in the Northridge area is Granada Hills Charter High. You can get in if you live in the boundaries or if you permit in. The best middle school in Northridge is Nobel Middle School. There are numerous elementary schools in the area, but your children are older. It would only be a consideration for resale of the house. Some people will buy a house just to get their kids into great schools. Another area that is an easy commute to Northridge is West Hills. El Camino High School is one of the best in the city. The middle school would be Hale middle school. If you would like to commute about 15-20 minutes, Simi Valley is a great community with excellent public schools. It is a community that has a small town atmosphere and is one of the safest in the nation. There are great apartments for rent in Warner Center and Simi Valley that have short term and long term rentals. I have a full service company we negotiate rental contracts for no charge to the renter. We can help you negotiate on your new home too. As one of the largest Real Estate companies, we have numerous listings that are regular sales, short sales, and REOs. If you would like further information don't hesitate to ask. I can provide information on dry cleaners, gyms, and any other vendors that you might need. Welcome to the neighborhood.
Richelle Briasco
RE/MAX Estates
richellebriasco@yahoo.com
818-923-8921
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 27, 2009
Hello Adam and family,
I work as a Realtor since 1996 and have nothing but good things to say about the Northridge and the surrounding areas are family oriented neighborhoods and the property prices at this time are very much affordable.
I understand that the Schools are a big consideration, for you and your wife since your children in the young ages of (10 and 13).

We have many elementary schools in the area but your children are older

The most desirable Public Schools are:
Nobel Middle School
Granada Hills, Charter High School
El Camino High School is one of the best known in the City.
Located in The West Hills area and is very easy to communicate.
I would love to help you in any other questions you may have

Ryan Gussman, Realtor, SRES, e-PRO
Altera Wilson Real Estate
Selling-Buying-Close-Escrow-with Ryan

Ryan helps the Community to get affordable Housing and up to $8,000 in Benefits
800-985-0691
818-429-4863
http://www.RyanDreamHomes.listingbook.com

http://www.DreamHomescalif.com
Nosotros Hablamos Español
Ca. License # 01214018
Hi Adam,

I would recommend looking in the La Canada / La Crescenta area north of Glendale. it is a very reasonable commute to Northridge via the 210 freeway, and has some excellent schools. My sister in law moved to the area specifically for the schools when her children were younger as a matter of fact. It is a beautiful area and has some lovely homes as well. If you like, I would be happy to send you some info on some of the homes available in the area at the present time to give you an idea of the price ranges. Just send me an email to john.barry@coldwellbanker.com & I would be happy to send you some info & answer any other questions you may have.

Thanks, have a good day.. Hope this helps...

John Barry
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Sherman Oaks, CA
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RealtorJB
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RealtorJB