Schools in New Braunfels>Question Details

Meghan Chamb…, Renter in New Braunfels, TX

What are the most highly recommended or ranked elementary schools in the N.B. area? Either N.B. or Comal I.S.D are fine! Thanks!

Asked by Meghan Chamberlin, New Braunfels, TX Sun Jun 10, 2012

Answers

5
Hello Meghan,
Because ratings change from year to year, and because there are numerous elementary schools, the best way to keep up-to-date on school rankings is to visit their websites where the very latest information is posted. You'll also find school calendars and other useful information.
For NBISD their website is: http://www.nbisd.org ;
For Comal ISD their website is: http://www.comalisd.org.

If you have specific elementary schools you'd like to compare, just let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Chyrel Madden, ABR,GREEN,PMN,SRES,e-Pro,EcoBroker
830/708-5560
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 11, 2012
try this website:

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USindexphp/STATE_TX.html

Texas School Rankings
None of the realtors are allowed to tell you. After much research and consideration, we found most people we talked to and professionals (outside real estate) agreed, that Comal was slightly better than NB. We toured both and all the schools, some were very helpful, other not so much. The best elementary we found for rankings, helpful, programs, and classes, is Hoffman Lane (Comal). We also really liked Walnut Spring, but the way they rotate between the other two schools right across the street turned us off. Seele and Lamar are a toss up. The rest, I wouldnt recommend.
Go tour them! You will get the most out of that. Please note that NB school district really tries to balance the mix at the schools so the boundaries are all messed up. You could end up going to school 30 min away from the house.
I looked at the numbers at various schools before my daughter attended Kindergarten. Numbers don't tell the whole story, however. Due to proximity and confidence in the school, she went to Seele. We were very pleased with her experience there. I had two main goals for my daughter: 1) that she adjust socially, and 2) that she learn to read better. Both goals were met due to good teaching and patient, caring teachers. The environment there is casual and fun, not as strict as some places. However, there was also a lot of learning. Good luck to you.
Hi Meghan,

I have a brochure that shows all of the school ratings and district information from the 2010-2011 school year (the 2011-2012 info isn't out yet I don't think). I can mail it to you if you'd like. You can email me at AjaSellsNB@gmail.com if you'd like me to send it out to you.

Have a good one!
Aja