Schools in Starkville>Question Details

Craig Kennedy, Home Buyer in Alabama

What are the middle schools and high schools like in Starkville?

Asked by Craig Kennedy, Alabama Fri May 9, 2008

The public schools in Starkville are poor at the elementary level, and at the high school level, they are dangerous. I live in Starkville, and WILL NOT allow my future children to go to the public schools here. The county schools are worse. The private school is ok, it is not great, or something I would like to choose, but living here, it is really the only option. If you want to send your children to public school, live in another area, and commute to Starkville. The New Hope schools are outstanding. That is a little far, so a better option for you would be Columbus or West Point city schools who are both greatly superior to the Starkville city schools.
I am a Realtor in Starkville. I would be glad to give you more insight into the schools here and what people seem to prefer when moving into town. You can contact me by e-mail or phone check my website for my contact info.
I am a realtor from Jackson, MS; I am also a former teacher and lived outside the Starkville area and took graduate courses at MSU. I would suggest you check out the following website. Under the directories section click on Missisippi schools and follow the links - you should find websites about theindividual schools. The no child left behind guidelines require that every school receive a ranking (I believe from 1-5 with 5 being the highest). Hope this helps....
Web Reference:

I am not from Starkville but in the meantime you might want to check out Good luck.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in ,