Schools in Amarillo>Question Details

April H., Home Buyer in Lubbock, TX

What are the good Elementary schools in Amarillo?

Asked by April H., Lubbock, TX Sat May 15, 2010

We are moving to Amarillo and my son will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. What areas and schools should I be looking to buy in. The "reviews" of the schools seem so bias and random. Hard to know which one is good or bad.
Thanks!

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Amarillo

Answers

4
We just moved here last year from Corpus Christi. We have found that the Southwest area of town is very nice and that is where we have our boys enrolled in school. My youngest son has been going to Paramount Terrace elementary and it has been great. He used to never like going to school while we lived down there and now he loves going to school. Western Plateau is another great elementary school which is a little more than a mile away from Paramount Terrace. You can not go wrong with either of these schools. I am really not sure about the rest.
Hi April,
I taught in the Amarillo Indpendent School District before starting my Real Estate Career. I think you will be very happy with the schools here. Amarillo ISD has great schools. I have taught early childhood - 3rd grade. Amarillo has very well trained and caring teachers. My last teaching asssignment was at Carver Early Childhood Accademy. It is a wonderful magnet program which has Pre K - 1st grade. This program offers Spanish, Art,Creative Movement, Music, and so much more!
I would love to visit with you about the school district. I can also, help you arrange a time to vist some schools. That is how you can really get a feel for the climate of the school If you would like to visit some schools I can help arranage that so that you can decide for yourself which school would best fit your son. Please give me a call and I will be glad to help.
Thanks, MaLissia
April,
Can you tell me your price range and I can be of more help. Most of our elementary's are good. TAKS scores will be out very soon and that will help. The Woodlands is one of the best. Sleepy Hollow, Puckett, and Western Plateau come to my mind also. You may live in Amarillo and go to a Canyon school. City View is in Amarillo but the school district is Canyon. That area has a brand new school that has a lot of technology integrated in the school. Kindergarden students have a separate entry. Let me know your price range and I can help you better. I have worked with AISD for 11 years. I would like to work with you.

Marcia Parr
433-0532 Mobile
marcia@MarciaParr.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010
April, in order to answer your question I would need to know your particular requirements and what it is you are looking for in a school and what you wish to avoid. I think all of the Amarillo Schools would be considered "good" schools, but some may be more suitable to your needs than others. Knowing what it is you are looking for and looking to avoid would help me tremendously in helping you to locate the school that would best fit your needs. I've lived in Amarillo since dirt was formed, so I know how to help you!