Schools in San Mateo>Question Details

Ha Nguyen, Home Buyer in San Mateo, CA

What are best schools in San Mateo?

Asked by Ha Nguyen, San Mateo, CA Tue Nov 27, 2007

Answers

3
San Mateo has one really top elementary school: Baywood. There isn't a really good intermediate school in San Mateo, and each of the 3 high schools are excellent and offer different things for different kids. Within the San Mateo/Foster City Elementary district, you should also look at Foster City schools -- all 3 elementary are about equal to Baywood. The intermediate school in Foster City, Bodwitch, is the best of all of the intermediate schools in the district.
Ha, It depends on what age your kids are and which level schools you are taking about. If you are thinking more along the lines of High School, Aragon does really well. We know several parents with kids that attend Aragon HS that are doing well. As a parent, even though both of my kids are very young, I look at API scores but also look for feedback by other parents. You can search school API, parent reviews, and schools stats via my website also. Other communities that also have been known for a good overall educational system is Belmont, Foster City, San Carlos, and Burlingame.
Web Reference: http://www.RealtorRaj.com
Hi Ha,
What type of schools are you asking for, public or private, elementary, junior High or High Schools? There are many good public schools in San Mateo. There are 3 very good high schools, Aragon, Hillsdale and San Mateo High. I am a member of the Citizen Oversight Committee for the $298 M Measure M bond voted in last year for improvements of high schools of the San Mateo High School District. There are good middle (e.g. Borel or Abbott.) and elementary (e.g. Laurel or Baywood) schools as well.
Web Reference: http://www.cimpler.com
ARTUR URBANS…, Real Estate Pro in Burlingame, CA