Schools in Rochester>Question Details

Winnielujan, Home Buyer in

We will be relocating to Rochester in the Sumer and have 3 kids in pk and elementary age. Can somebody guide me in what are the best schools. WL

Asked by Winnielujan, Sun Feb 19, 2012

Need to find a good school in a good neiborhood.

Answers

7
We have our home for sale in Chatfield, Mn which is only 20 miles from Rochester. The teachers are wonderful and offer many advanced and gifted programs.Our state and national test scores always meet and usually exceed standards. Our Knowledge bowl team placed 2nd in our region and will be heading to the state competition in 2 weeks. We also have an excellent sports program.
Our home is on 15 acres just 4 miles south of Chatfield on Hwy 52.
If you want to learn more about our schools go to Chatfield school.com/k-12.
Our house is listed on Trulia.com in Chatfield. Our home is a 5 bed/4 bath on 15 acres.
Good Luck in your search!
Susan 507-867-0097
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 2, 2012
3 high schools. Century high school is newest school with highest test scores, but houses serving Century cost more, older for same money mostly east. Mayo is a bit above average, serves south. Marshall (central and west) has some really good real estate buys, still slightly above state average. We are moving from Bothell WA from a school similar to Century in demographics, high achiever. Sending your child to high achieving school doesn't mean your student will be high achieving though, and there were some complaints about administration at Century when it opened up. Rochester doesn't really have any "bad" neighborhoods.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
This could be a huge Fair Housing issue for Realtors and I would not reccomend anyone answer this type of question on a site like Trulia. Oh really you all say Rochester is great? What if I think it sucks?

I will just leave it at that. Google is your best friend and it is not too difficult to see how elementary schools rank in the state of MN OBJECTIVELY. Even then it comes down to how you evaluate schools, which I must say is probably different than how I would define "good" which is subjective.

I have attached a Web Link for you to go visit and check out Washington Elementary. For any other agents this took me a whole 2minutes to do.

WL,
The Rochester area offers a wide variety of schools: private, choice and public. With so many to choose from, you would need to assess what you are looking for in an education for your kids. I would be willing to gather information on the different schools and send them to you. Which public schools your kids would attend would depend upon where you live. As for the choice and public schools, you would need to apply to those schools for placement. Please shoot me an email or call me with more questions. I look forward to helping you relocate to Rochester.
Holly Sires
Property Brokers of Minnesota
hollysires@pbofmn.com
507-421-8934
Rochesteer Public Schools appear to have a very good reputation. Check with the district offices to get statistics for any school as well as demographic data includiing numbers and ages of children in the areas. Good luck. I have made a few moves with children, and I have found two good resources are the school districts themselves and the local newspapers whcih will tell you about activities and events as well as key school oersonnel, boards, etc.I lived in the Rochester area myself for a couple of years and it is a wonderful community. Good community feel, nice neighborhoods, excellent healh care, economifc stablility and a very good quality of community cohesiveness. Liz, 612-986-4105
The best resource for people moving into Rochester is:

Jason Carey, REALTOR®
RE/MAX Results
Direct: 507-287-7741
Fax: 507-288-9022
Web: http://www.jasonpcarey.com
Visit me at:   http://www.Facebook.com/JasonPCarey
Winnie,

The Rochester School System as a whole is quite excellent. Rochester also has some wonderful Pre-school education programs. It is a good idea to visit some of this schools on your next visit to Rochester. Contact me direct at: melanieschmidt10@gmail.com
I will be more than happy to assist, Being a mother of 3 already having gone through K-12; the education program is exceptional.
Melanie
Web Reference: http://www.greatschools.com