Schools in 23188>Question Details

Barbara, Home Buyer in Williamsburg, VA

We're moving to the Hampton Roads area and are interested in Gatling Point in Smithfield or Carrollton (VA).

Asked by Barbara, Williamsburg, VA Sat Jul 24, 2010

Any advice about buying homes or the schools in either of these areas?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 23188

Answers

4
Gatling Point is a great neighborhood. I stopped by today and visited a past client of mine who I helped buy a home there. She and her parents both live there. It's an East West Community. That developer builds in other areas as well so if you like the feel of the neighborhood (club houses, tons of activities, etc., ) you can look at any of those type of communities. I live in the Riverfront, which is also build by East West and has the same feel (absolutely awesome swimclub, social feel). Gatling Point is in Smithfield, as you probably know. No new building out there like there is in the sister community in Suffolk but the taxes are lower. If you are interested in resale and not new construction, then there are some opportunities in Gatling Point. There are a few homes that you may get a deal on there - but may need a little tlc. For the most part, the area has kept up pretty well. You'll find a mixture of exteriors such as wood, hardy plank and brick there. Call me if you would like tour of the different neighborhoods. There are several that have a similiar feel. The Riverfront has more variety as far as style and you can still build to suit there. Lots of options.
we just moved in and we love it here! we have liked this neighborhood for a while. :-) Love the yacht club!
Good country living. As Bob commented, give James City County a gander as well.

http://www.wjcc.k12.va.us/
Happy to help. Here's the site for Isle of Wight County schools:
http://www.iwcs.k12.va.us/

Gattling point is a great community. Are you interested in anything on the North side of the James as well?