Schools in Greenbrae>Question Details

itsjustme, Home Owner in Greenbrae, CA

We just bought a house in Greenbrae so our kids could attend Bacich. Is there a risk that the shool zones will change in the future?

Asked by itsjustme, Greenbrae, CA Sat Nov 30, 2013

Answers

2
I don't think so, there would be such a huge push back from home owners. Families with young children move to Greenbrae for the school district. it would be really hard to have something like that happen. Not to mention that it would also cause a decline in home prices, should they decide to change the school districts around.
That being said, Bacich can become impacted like some of the schools have in Mill Valley, where a family new to the area may end up initially at a different school and be wait listed for the school that their home is actually in. I have had this happen to clients of mine in Mill Valley but their child ended up at their neighborhood school the following year.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
I totally understand, Greenbrae is confusing because it is not it's own city, it is actually part of Larkspur, The post office in San Rafael, is a new one on me, I had didn' t know that! Congratulations on your new home, you are going to love living there!
Flag Sun Dec 1, 2013
Thanks for this information, it is helpful. This is the first time we are buying a home (and paying a premium) because of the school district it is zoned for (as opposed to the features of the home itself). I have heard about zoning changing in other cities so I wasn't sure how "strong" the current zoning is for Greenbrae...it is odd how the post office is in San Rafael & is "served" by Kentfield schools. For a newbie to the area, this seemed odd, hence my concern on zoning changes!
Flag Sun Dec 1, 2013
Congratulations on the new home! There is always the possibility that things may change, but there are always ways to overcome any obstacle that gets in the way. Our own son, we had to change schools from open enrollment. Friends of ours had to apply for an inter-district transfer.
David Poulsen