Schools in Montclair>Question Details

Ritali, Renter in Ridgewood, NJ

We are relocating from abroad (Israel) with two kids five years old and one year old and looking for a place to live in New York Metropolitan Area.

Asked by Ritali, Ridgewood, NJ Sun Feb 13, 2011

The budget is 2500-2800$.We need 3 bedrooms. My husband is going to work in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for a safe area with good transportation to Manhattan and non-orthodox private Jewish school (The Company is ready to pay for private Jewish day school, so the children will not go back to Israel as total foreigners.)I was considering Essex/Bergen NJ but any other suggestion is welcomed.

Answers

8
Hello Ritali There should be further specific discussion regarding; Type of residence (Col, Condo, Multi, etc) Budget (inclusive of taxes, insurance maintenance, etc) Montclair area will easily address the schools as noted by Keller Williams. Email to schedule a Confidential No obligation interview
Web Reference: http://NJAR.com/buyer
Dear Ritali,
There are a lot of good choices in Essex County. Montclair has a diverse population rich in culture, the arts and innumerable activities for families. We have 6 NYC direct train stops and buses that go directly to the city. I'm sure you'll find my website a great starting off point for information about Montclair, Glen Ridge and surrounding
towns. If you look under the SCHOOLS page you'll find links. We also have a Hebrew School well regarded by the community http://www.WhereIsMontclair.com

Best of luck,
Luisa Esposito
Ritali, Iam a Realtor in Morris Conty NJ. I think Montville NJ would be a perfect fit for you and your family. Montville is close to Route 80 and bus and train into Mahattan. Please give me a call if you are seeking more information on this great town to live in.
Weichert Realtors
Marlena DeFillipps
973-334-9400 ext 157.
Ritali,
Baruch Hobaim! So when are you plan on making the migration? I, Sharon Avram and my partner Karen both are fluent in the Hebrew language and are relocation certified agents. We are Realtors in the Essex county area. Here we have a Solomon Schechter Day School(Conser) and The Joseph Kushner Hebrew Acadamy(Ortho) which have programs from Kind. to High School. On a personal note my children attended SSDS now called The Golda Och Academy which is still associated with SSDS. I'd be delighted to share information about the school with you. On the same note I now substitute teach at Kushner and have lots of insights as well.
There are many different shuls in the area that offer pre-school programs when the little one is ready.
As far as commuting this area is a commuters paradise. Depending where you need to be in NY city you can take the bus or train in.
Karen and I would be happy to help you settle here so please feel free to contact us via our email for more specific questions.
Sharonandkaren@prudentialnewjersey.com We look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Ritali, Montclair/Glen Ridge/ West Orange is a good choice for families who want to be close to NYC, on the train line, and also have a choice of Jewish schools. I have many Israeli and Jewish clients and friends who have chosen this area, both to rent and to buy. Many of the temples have Pre-K schools, and Solomon Schechter is nearby.

I specialise in working with families relocating from abroad. Although I am English, I spent some time living in Israel and studying at Hebrew U. (my Hebrew is not fluent however!). I'd be happy to talk with you and put you in touch with other families. Please feel free to call me or email. If another area will work better for you I can also help you locate a realtor with the right specialties to help you.

Also, you can find me on Facebook - Karin Carson - Montclair/Glen Ridge area real estate agent. Here's the link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Karin-Carson-MontclairGlen-Rid…

Best wishes,

Karin

Karin Carson
Keller Williams Realty NJ Metro Group
karincarson@kw.com
917-301-1681
Hello, My name is Judy Zinn. My cell is 973-980-8902. I am a long-time Realtor serving Suburban Essex County NJ and based in Montclair. I would be happy to help you and send you full relevant info for your consideration. When are you planning on being available to look? Please call me or email me so I can be of service. Thanks Judy
There are many areas close to the NY area depending on your price range I wouldn't go anywhere more than 25 min commute to city cause some days can be hectic for travel but please feel free to e mail me exactly what you are looking for in a home as far as beds,baths and style and I will set you up in an area close to,with good schools and an area that holds value
We have a fairly large ex-pat community here in Montclair and we are friends with 3 families with small children originally from Israel. Their kids have gone to Jewish pre-k, but public elementary. A popular private Jewish k-12 school in the area is Soloman Schecter in West Orange. I can put you in touch with our Israeli friends if you like. We are about 45 min to Manhattan via train / bus.