Schools in Ridgewood>Question Details

Ritali, Renter in Ridgewood, NJ

We are relocating from abroad (Israel) with two kids five years old and one year old and looking for a place to live in New York Metropolitan Area.

Asked by Ritali, Ridgewood, NJ Sun Feb 13, 2011

The budget is 2500-2800$.We need 3 bedrooms. My husband is going to work in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for a safe area with good transportation to Manhattan and non-orthodox private Jewish school (The Company is ready to pay for private Jewish day school, so the children will not go back to Israel as total foreigners.)I was considering Essex/Bergen NJ but any other suggestion is welcomed.

Answers

7
Fair Lawn is your best bet. Fair Lawn has a lot of Israelis living there. it is equidistant to two Schecter schools Oakland and New Milford. It also has frequent buses to NYC as well as two train stations.
Hi
We moved from Israel too
Our kids are almost the age of yours
If you need any help yakirahoz@gmail.com
My good friend is the Director of a Jewish school in the area. If you are intereested in speaking with her about schools, I would be happy to put you in touch. Onc you find an area of nterest, I would be happy to work with you to find a great home. Shalom!
Beth Freed Terrie O'Connor Realtors-Ridgewood 201-321-6208 (sms or cell) bethfreed@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.bethfreed.com
One of the better non-orthodox Jewish schools is Solomon Schechter, and if you are considering a community with good Conservative and Reformed temples close to NYC transportation (bus to NYC is 35-40 minutes), Teaneck is a great location for both as your children will be bussed to school. You could also consider New Milford (where Schechter is located) or several other towns in Bergen County such as Fair Lawn, River Edge, Tenafly, etc. There are agood number of rental homes in your price range: give me a call and let's start looking at what is available!
Barbara Ostroth
Coldwell Banker RE
Price and schools will most likely be your concern! Paramus has a Jewish school and getting to NYC is not a problem but Englewood, Englewood Cliffs and many others towns may be your answer.
Lynn Clark
Terrie O'Connor Realtors
Saddle River, N.J.
Patricia is right; West Orange and Livingston are probably your best bet.
West Orange and Livingston probobaly offer the most rental opportunities. Both communities would fit your needs. If you would like information, please contact me.

Pat Bowers
Prudential NJ Properties
E-mail: pvbowers@comcast.net