Schools in Boston>Question Details

Samantha And…, Home Buyer in Enfield, CT

We are planning a move to Boston in a couple of years and have a daughter. What schools (high school) do I avoid?

Asked by Samantha Andrews-Ascioti, Enfield, CT Fri Aug 26, 2011

She will be entering 9th grade when we move and we'll be focusing on the North End area. She's a decent student but not an "A" student. I understand its a lottery system which I'm familiar with. And are there any schools that are better than most, other than the exam schools? Thanks.

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Boston

Answers

4
Michael Giles’ answer
Hi Sam,
I have a market insider feature on my site which will allow you to get community reports on any Mass community by entering a zip code. It gives school rankings and you can compare two side-by-side. If you choose to, you can sign up to have monthly updates sent to you via email.The link is below. I hope this helps!--Mike
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 26, 2011
I would encourage you to do school tours and see what is the best for your child rather go on anyone elses experiences.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 26, 2011
Loaded question to say the least. :D

I would say that there are cities close by that may be just as close to downtown Boston such as Cambridge, Somerville, Everett, Medford, Revere, and Winthrop. There is also a charter HS in Malden which may be close to the Orange Line.

While I cant comment on the schools I can say there is plenty to think about not just in the North End but within a couple mile radius too.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 26, 2011
Depending on your price range and location preference, you should look to greater Boston towns such as Newton and Brookline which have had some of the highest rated schools in the nation. Boston public schools are not currently held in high regard. Email me if you would Ike a link to local school ratings and descriptions.
Web Reference: http://Www.tedduncan.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 26, 2011