Schools in 78041>Question Details

yaniramen, Renter in Laredo, TX

We are moving to Laredo in January. I have a 15 year old son who has been playing in the Orchestra for 4 years. Here in Utah, he is in the 9th grade

Asked by yaniramen, Laredo, TX Sun Nov 13, 2011

in Junior High, but I know that in Texas he will be in highschool. What highshools in Laredo have an Orchestra?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 78041

Answers

4
Angeline Townsend
Personnel Manager
laredophilharmonic@gmail.com
(956) 236-7772

Yes... it is hard to find a high school with an Orchestra. I know, as personal experience, that Vidal M Trevino has great teachers for Violin players and academic teachers as well. VMT is a magnet school from Martin, Nixion, and Cigarroa high schools which are LISD. They dedicate on music and lead you into new skills and get you ready for UILs and Performances. As to play in Orchestra you may contact Angeline Townsend. You may join the Laredo Community College and TAMIU orchestra if you know how to play an instrument even if you are still in High School. It is a very nice experience since you get to play with teachers, meet professionals and more than anything get the great experience in playing the great sounds of music. Let me know if you would like more inforamation; I would be more then happy to help you out- 956-771-7363/Martha Mireles from WestWind Homes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
http://ahs.unitedisd.org/user_profile_view.aspx?id=43e8a1cd-…
Here is the link to one of the schools music departments in United High School. If you are planning to move to Laredo, please give me a call to my cell 956.645.9888 or send me your email to start sending you homes in your budget. Thank you for your time.
Thank you for your answer! He plays the Violin. I have been to the websites of two of the highschools that are near our future home, and I don't see they have an orchestra. :( But as long there is a way he can continue playing the violin, it should be fine.
Most of the high schools in Laredo, TX should have Orchestra, but let me know what your child plays and I can further research for you which high school would offer that specific instrument.