Schools in Fleming Island>Question Details

dean.poat, Home Buyer in 32003

We are moving to Jacksonville from England in October, Our children are 13 and 16 and we want to find good schools for them.

Asked by dean.poat, 32003 Fri May 11, 2012

Answers

8
This will be a very difficult task for you and I do not envy you one bit. My opinion would first be to check the crime rate in and around the areas you are interested in. Not just pedifiles, but see how much of the stats are young teens. The rural areas surrounding Jacksonville may be your best bet as far as safer and above average schools. Fleming Island is a wonderful place, but costs of living are extreme in coastal towns; not to mention, yearly taxes and community fees and dues. South of Jacksonville, towards Flagler beach and St. Augustine are nice. Going West of Jacksonville, you have some very nice rural living with the country feel. In places like Lake Butler to Middleburg and surrounding areas you will find the schools are generally A+ schools, with Lake Butler having one of the state's highest A+ schools. The standardized rules and regulations for students aren't so strict and scary for the kids.
I hope this helps. I'm not an agent, just a parent. Before I moved to Florida, I had to do my research too.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hello,My name is Elizabeth Hults. I just found your request looking for a home in theJacksonville area. My home is for sale you can view it on the net....2191 Blue Heron Cove Drive, Fleming Island, Florida 32003. We are 20 miles sw of Jacksonville. Love for you to view my home.

Thanking you in anticipation
I am
Yours faithfully,
Elizabeth T Hults.
We love living here. This area boasts great home prices, wonderful family community and excellent public schools. I would love to help you in your home search.
We moved to clay county Eagle Harbor Fleming Island Fl when our son was 13. It has been a wonderful place to raise a child. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
I am in Jacksonville and strong recommend you look outside Du val County if you are looking at public schools. If you must work in Jacksonville try northern St. John's or Clay counties and you can drive into Jacksonville. Your children will have a better education.
I'll be glad to help you! Tell me a little bit about your situation (where you will be working; what activities your kids like; size house etc.). I'll start searching for you.
You can also log into Listingbook. http://www.lorigunn.listingbook.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
Dear Dean,

You may already be tied in to the Jacksonville area but if you are still scouting locations you might also want to consider the Jupiter area. Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. The best place I can point you for a little additional information is a brief articleI did about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client form New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Check out http://www.greatschools.com and or http://www.clay.k12.fl.us/ for Clay County and
http://www.duvalschools.org/ for Duval County.