Schools in 38118>Question Details

Simonepernsl…, Renter in Memphis, TN

We are looking to move in June due to job relocation. I would love to make sure we are getting our daughter into Shrine or White Station Middle.

Asked by Simonepernsley, Memphis, TN Mon Aug 13, 2012

What zip codes should I stay within to ensure we will have her in one of those school?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 38118

Answers

4
I had the chance to visit Memphis. After speaking to a woman that claimed she was a teacher at a middle school, I can't put my child in any Memphis public schools. I was horrified that this woman called herself a teacher when I seriously doubt she even received a high school diploma. I don't mean to sound like an elitist but we are looking at the private schools or homeschooling our daughter until his contract runs out.
White Station Middle School zip codes include 38117,38119 and 38120.

The Shrine School is in 38118. I believe that a bus is available to pick up all children who attend Shrine, so it is not essential to live in that zip code.

Your best bet would be to contact Memphis City Schools directly. The link for Memphis City Schools is http://www.mcsk12.net.

I'm a former Memphis City School teacher so feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.
38120 White Station
38118 Shrine
I would suggest you contact the Memphis School Board to determine the district boundaries for the schools you have identified. Once you have that then we can look for homes. Memphis school district are unstable at this time.

Here's the link to Memphis City Schools website http://www.mcsk12.net/ copy and paste this in your browser address bar. Call the SUPERINTENDENT and get an explanation of school districts for the schools you have mentioned.