Schools in Niles>Question Details

bansal.jaya, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

We are looking to buy a house in East Dublin . Does anyone know if Dougherty Elementary has overloading other schools?

Asked by bansal.jaya, Fremont, CA Mon Jun 24, 2013

Add some detail about your question

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Niles

Answers

2
I know someone who knows ... Dublin Unified School District. It's always best to call them directly - they will have the latest, most current information.

http://www.dublin.k12.ca.us/domain/37
http://www.dublin.k12.ca.us/domain/18

925.828.2551
.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 25, 2013
I called the DUSD office. Left a voicemail. Hope to hear back from them. Earlier, I had called San Ramon and they wudn't tell if they had a waitlist until I had all the paperwork ready for admission
Flag Tue Jun 25, 2013
Thank you
Flag Tue Jun 25, 2013
I checked with the DUSD (Judy Fall) today. She was very nice. She said she cannot for sure say if my child will be diverted to another dublin school or not. They gaurantee admission in DUSD. They do not keep a waitlist of kids either. Every child either gets their home school or get diverted to another dublin school. They do assure that by next year the child will be gauranted admission back to home school. If during the school year, a seat opens up, the child based on chronological order, will be provided the option of returning to home school or staying where they are. If they choose to stay back, then they will lose their spot in the list. Judy also mentioned that with the plan for a new elementary school opening in 2015, the problems should ease up a great deal but that is still 2-3 years away. I just wanted to document the response incase anyone else is in the same situation as me. Thank you folks for helping out.