Schools in Riverton>Question Details

Sbmsanders, Both Buyer and Seller in Boise, ID

We are looking into the Riverton area to buy and are reading mixed reviews on the schools can anyone help?

Asked by Sbmsanders, Boise, ID Sat Apr 25, 2009

Mainly Southland, Oquirrh and Riverton High

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Riverton

Answers

1
Hi!

I have had my children go to each one of these schools.
I have had 3 sons go to Riverton High and it has been quite crowded more so each year, but I must say that I've been very impressed with how well they've managed the school. A new High school is being built in Herriman and will be open for the year 2010-2011. That should help a great deal with the high enrollment at RHS.

Oquirrh Middle school has been a good school as with most middle schools though some of the kids do need an attitude adjustment. But overall it's not a terrible school.

And Southland Elem. all of my kids have been to this school. And for the most part it is a great school also.
I know that sometimes kids and teachers tend to clash. It just depends on the student and teacher's personalities.

I have had my younger 2 go to a charter school in Bluffdale, North Star Academy K-9th grades. My 3rd son went there for 8th & 9th grade partly to not make him go to school with a bunch of swearing teenagers but also felt that smaller class sizes would help in getting a more quality education.

And my youngest in 5th grade this yr. has gone to this school since 2nd grade. We feel that the quality of the education is very well. I've heard that Idaho schools give a more quality education than Utah. If you feel that this is the case there are charter schools around that you may be happier with. Check the link below to find out more info. on the charter schools in Utah. These are not open enrollment, it just depends if they have any openings or not. One can get on a waiting list if there are no openings at this time. I'm sure that the website can answer any questions that you may have about charter schools.

http://www.schools.utah.gov/charterschools/directory.htm

If you have any more questions though just call or email.

Becky Nay, GRI
Keller Williams South Valley Realty
801-573-2077 Mobile
beckynay@kw.com