Schools in Grants Park>Question Details

Cindy, Both Buyer and Seller in Atlanta, GA

We are looking at the Grant Park area as we've been told there are good charter school there.

Asked by Cindy, Atlanta, GA Tue Mar 11, 2008

What are the attendence zones for them? Any insight would be greatly appreciated - Cindy

Answers

4
Great question! As education in Grant Park has been extremely progressive with it's many Charter Schools - each unique with their distict curriculum and styles.

Even our traditional non-charter elementary school, Parside Elementary, is designated as APS's 21st Century Technology Ingegration School. Each classroom is equiped with a Promethean ACTIVBoard linked to the teacher's laptop. They have phenomenal resources for a public school! I think having the close proximity of charter schools has raised the bar for education in ALL of Grant Park.

The current attendance zones for The Neighborhood Charter School are the Grant Park and Ormewood Park neighborhoods. The Atlanta Charter Middle School has all of NPU-W (Grant Park, East Atlanta and S.A.N.D. neighborhoods) for it's primary attendance zone. The Imagine Wesley Charter School has a 30 percent allotment to NPU-W and NPU-V, then 70 percent city-wide.

There is current discussion and application being made to APS for a Charter High-School.

Hope this is useful! Ramiro Garcia | Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Midtown
Thanks Josh.. Very nice of you. Well, we've been very actively involved here in Grant Park as founding parents of the Charter School, Grant Park Parents Network as well as my wife being the founding director of the Grant Park Cooperative Preschool. Due to much intown demand, they have opened a new campus in Cabbagetown, so it' not as touch to get in as before. As residents of Cabbagetown have enrollment preference, so does the Grant Park campus - which is a new procedure. The school philosphy is child-centered and inspired by the schools of Reggio Emilia Italy.

Also, there is no guarantee to get into The Neighborhood Charter School - There has been a lottery for kindergarten and other grades. Once a child is in, siblings get priority. It is getting easier to get in as other quality charter schools are not far and Parkside Elementary is also a top-notch school. Info can be found on my web-site
Thank you! Very insightful. Looks like we have some research to do on the many options. Are there pre-schools in the area also? We have a two year old whom is ready for pre-school and gaining his independence, away from mom ;-)
Cindy,

Ramiro is THE source for Grant Park answers. I would contact him immediately. I send ALL my referrals to Ramiro because of this depth of knowledge.

Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA