Schools in Ramsey>Question Details

Mrl, Home Buyer in Ramsey, NJ

We are considering buying in Ramsey and have a young son. Can anyone tell me their opinion of the school system? Thank you!!

Asked by Mrl, Ramsey, NJ Tue Apr 13, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Ramsey

Answers

6
I went through the Ramsey school system myself from K through 12 and both my kids are at the High School now also having started in Ramsey but in pre-K. Overall as one of the other commenters mentioned Ramsey consistently ranks highly in New Jersey school comparisons. We have graduates going to all the top universities and military academies. A lot of Ramsey HS grads get into Rutgers. The high school has honors level studies in many areas and the sports teams tend to be quite good. For young kids like you have it's a fun place to grow up and go to school. When he gets to 4th and 5th grade we have an entirely rebuilt school (Dater) complete with computerized white boards, computer labs and PC's in classrooms, and great music programs.
New Jersey magazine ranks the high schools through out the state on an annual basis. In 2008 Ramsey high school ranked 13th out of more than 300 schools. does not get any better than that!
The schools in Ramsey are excellent! It's a lovely community and I have sold several buyers homes in the past 10 years there, all with happy results. Have you located a home yet or are working with a realtor? I have been showing homes quite a bit in that area, and would be happy to help you. Good luck in your search.
We moved from Scottsdale, Arizona to Ramsey, New Jersey when my sons were ten years old.

I have one son studying at Cornell, the other is an honor student at the Kelley School of Business in Indiana.

I believe that says it all!

Should you wish any further information or to allow me to help you with your search, please don't hesitate to contact me...

rozzytherealtor@gmail.com

Best wishes!
You cannot go wrong with any of the schools in northern bergen county, including ramsey and surrounding area. I would focus on price and taxes and then narrow down a town from there
Web Reference: http://www.eileenmeehan.com
the school system is actually pretty good you can get a ton of info from my web site
http://www.nutleyrealtor.net/community_report.asp