Mbrignoll, Other/Just Looking in North Richland Hills,...

We are building homes in North Richland Hills

Asked by Mbrignoll, North Richland Hills, TX Tue Aug 7, 2012

I was looking for a brief summery on reasons the school district is a good district to raise kids.
Is there a web site or some place I can get that info?

Answers

2
Birdville ISD is considered a strong public school district in the area. I personally live within the Birdville ISD zoning, and I am glad I do.

I personally taught in Keller ISD for 5 years. A district that has more recently grown leaps and bounds, I feel what is lacking is a bit of that OLD SCHOOL discipline and tough teaching style that Birdville and other ISDs in the area have. While Keller ISD is certainly a great district, so is Birdville.

Here is why this matters--

1) BISD does entertain open enrollment, allowing parents the opportunity to partically decide where their child will attend elementary school, and then they typically follow the feeding patter from there.
2) The district has been around and while learning strategies change as the students change, there is a good mix of old and new. It's not just an open concept, free-for-all time called "learning," where structure has gone out the window. There is definitely a structured environment.
3) As new teachers come in to the tc teaching profession, they bring great value, having possibly moved from industry, corporate, and other professions where they have earned a great deal of knowledge and experience they can apply to student learning. The teachers that have been around for decades, have made a great career at BISD, and usually retire from the district. I believe turnover is less a problem in BISD as it is other districts.

Which builder are you with? Still building in the area? I'd be interested in talking with you about partering up. More details later.

Wyatt V. Harris
wyattrealtor@gmail.com
817-791-7299
http://www.NRHHomeSales.com
http://www.NorthTarrantRealEstate.com
The Greatschools.org website that I listed in the last answer is a great place to find info on the district and schools, best of all, it is parents that do the ratings so the feedback. Good luck!