Schools in Waterford>Question Details

Alex807, Home Buyer in 48375

Waterford School District

Asked by Alex807, 48375 Tue Dec 13, 2011

I am looking at a house in Waterford, MI. We have found a great house, but I am so hesitant on the school district. It says, school of choice. Are you able to select schools outside of Waterford? I would really hate to do that because I would love for my child to become friends in the neighborhood with the kids he goes to school.

Any hope for Wateford Schools? What if they close Pontiac Schools and send the kids to Waterford? Thoughts?

Answers

3
Hi Alex,

My name is Deb and I am a real estate agent with Fox Realty Services LLC. I can certainly send you information on Waterford Schools. You can check the schools out on certain websites and through the state to see how they rank. I will be happy to send you these sites. However going on statistics alone won't give you the whole answer you are looking for. You would be best to visit the school you are going to have your children attend and meet with the principal. You can get a good vibe for the school by doing this. Waterford Schools are continuing to progress with many Blue Ribbon schools in the District. My children all graduated from Waterford Schools and now my granddaughter attends. I have seen many exciting programs they are implementing and the staff at her school is very loving and caring. As to school of choice, you can apply for that; choosing the school you want within the District but you would have to provide transportation. Also if you are close to the other schools around, West Bloomfield, Walled Lake or Huron Valley they were all accepting schools of choice so you could have your children attend those schools as well. I would be more than happy to help you with any further information you need. The bottom line is, if I were enrolling my children in school today I would not hesitate to put them in Waterford Schools. I hope this helps. Call our office at 248 674 9707 if we can be of further assistance. Enjoy your day. Deb
Hi Alex,

You will need to call the school district for your school of choice questions, you can go to http://www.waterford.k12.mi.us/. There are lots of online resources comparing school districts and/or check w/ parents within the districts and neighborhoods you are considering. Those types of questions can't be addresses by real estate professionals. Everyone has particular desires and needs and those decisions can only be made through thorough research. Good luck!
http://www.greatschools.org/

http://www.ccsso.org/Resources/Programs/data_systems.html

Check out the two above web sites to assist you in your decision.

Any Realtor giving you advice on the merits of a school district is in violation of their duties.

The best thing for you to do is research the schools as best you can. Go to the above links, visit the schools, ask questions.

Best of luck!

Mark Mergener
Cell 248 935-0335