Schools in 33844>Question Details

Lina, Home Buyer in Pensacola, FL

Want to know if 33844 is a good place to raise a family

Asked by Lina, Pensacola, FL Tue Apr 10, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 33844

Answers

2
The previous answer from the reality agent is true, because Southern Dunes is a nice community, but it's the rest of the area that is lacking. I guess it all depends on your needs. My husband and I were born and raised in Haines City. We moved to Raleigh, NC and lived there for over 12 years. We moved back to Haines City in October of 2009. We moved back here to help take care of my husband's mom (a widow of 10 years) and now my mom and dad as my dad battles cancer. Thankfully, I home school, because I do not think the school system is up to the same level we were used to in NC. (Check the recent articles in the local paper - The Ledger - about test scores around here.) Also, the town we grew up in has changed dramatically and not for the best. If it weren't for our parents, we would not have moved back. Sorry to paint a bleak picture, but take it from someone that was born here and then moved away - it's not an area I want my sons to grow up in, but for now, it will have to do. If you want a good picture of the area and cannot drive here, check the online version of the local papers. I would highly suggest taking a drive down here and vising the local Walmart and grocery stores to get a feel for the area. If you are looking to come south, try out the area around Champions Gate. It's still in Polk County, but close enough to Orlando that you can keep most of your activities there.
There are a few communities that would be great for a family. Southern Dunes is one such community. It's a premier golf community featuring guarded and gated security. As with everything, this is a subjective thing so my best advice to you is to do a drive through the area and check out the communities and see what you think with your own eyes. Good luck. Let me know if you need any help.
Web Reference: http://www.mycflhome.com