Schools in Big Sky>Question Details

teckard, Home Buyer in Big Sky, MT

This lot has a very steep pitch/elevation. How do I get a preliminary estimate for septic, and for grading a location for a home site.?

Asked by teckard, Big Sky, MT Mon Sep 16, 2013

This question was asked from…

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Big Sky

Help the community by answering this question:


Mark Meissner’s answer
Hi T. Eckard,

You're going to want to speak with a local engineer regarding the type of septic design, and then a contractor who installs these systems. Most of them are specialized and that is the bulk of what they do. As for grading, a good civil contractor will be able to give you some kind of an estimate if you've got a preliminary design. You also might want to consider trying to obtain a soils analysis for the property is one has been completed by the current owner. Might not be a bad idea to have an independent one done as well. There could be several other considerations that you may want to make prior to submitting an offer. A local Realtor could provide you good insight to some of the additional items you'd want to think about. Thanks and have a great night!

Mark Meissner
Sales Associate
ERA Landmark
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer