Schools in Alum Rock>Question Details

Leonamilcara…, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

This area is great for the schools Evergreen Valley College and San Jose State University. Those 2 schools are very good schools. Very close to Alum

Asked by Leonamilcaravila, San Jose, CA Mon Dec 12, 2011

Rock.

Answers

3
Hi Leona, and thanks for your post.

I agree with Patrice and Charles below, there are great homes and great schools in the Alum Rock area AND even better pricing. In fact, I recently sold a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath home to one of my great clients for a great price and he's loving the property and the area.

And I agree with you that Evergreen Community is a great low cost junior college for Santa Clara residents and has a great reputation among colleges in the area. San Jose State, as Charles already noted, has a great business, engineering, and chemistry department. Might I also add that it has a fabulous music department as well, and houses (believe it or not) the LARGEST collection of Beethoven's original works outside of Europe! This collection is only open for viewing twice per year, but it's amazing to me that such an treasure is housed here at SJSU.

But then again, Leona, there's a lot of great things to tout here in the South Bay including excellent schools, great climate, good jobs, affordable housing, and great communities full of culture, heritage and history.

Thanks for pointing this out to those who may have forgotten that Alum Rock is worth a second look!!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty-People's Choice
The Alum Rock area was a wide variety of styles of homes and price ranges. There are very high end homes near San Jose Country Club all the way down the hillside until you come to the Evergreen area. The are also great little pockets of homes that are great for the first time buyer. I have lived in the area and sold a lot of homes here over the last 20 years and know the area very well. if you don't have an agent that you are working with, I would be happy to work with you.

Patrice Carper
Alain Pinel Realtors - Los Gatos
DRE #01158917
(408) 421-9976
Thank you, Leon Milcaravilla:

Yes, this area has some very good schools. Evergreen Valley College is a very good low cost Community College. San Jose State University is excellent.. San Jose State University has an excellent Engineering program, Chenistry department and Physics department. The department of Economics at San Jose State University is also excellent. There are many excellent educational opportunities in this Valley at very low cost.

Please call me at my cell phone: (408)509-6218 for more information.

Thank you
Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872