Schools in Brooklyn>Question Details

staceystacey…, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Thinking about moving to Warren and 4th street. What are the best elemtary public schools in the neighborhood. What are they ranked?

Asked by staceystaceycagan, Brooklyn, NY Thu Aug 29, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Brooklyn

My colleagues below have provided the websites that I recommend for evaluating schools. They give the perspective from the point of view of parents, which is much more helpful than the DOE site. I would add, however, that when you ask what are the "best" schools, that is really a subjective thing. What is best for one child may not be the best for another. For example, when my kids were in elementary school in Park Slope, all the hype was about one particular school in the North Slope, and my kids went to a school that was well-rated, but didn't buy into the then popular "whole language" approach to reading that was all the rage. By going to a smaller school, whose rating was insignificantly lower in my opinion, my kids were able to stand out as stars, which they might not have been the case in the overflowing, overcrowded school, and learning to read phonetically was far from the end of the world. What's important to you? An emphasis on the arts? On the sciences? Having athletic facilities? Going with the pack is not always the right to go, though it may be at times.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
212 381-4268

0 votes • Reply • Flag • Link • Delete • A moment ago
Dear staceystaceycagan:

Keep in mind that depending on your address you will be zoned for a certain school. You can go to the web page at to find out what school your address is zoned for:

If you want to get into a public school other than the one you are zoned for, your child will have to be tested to get into other schools within or outside your zoned district.

You may also want to check out the web site If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. Either way, good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Hi, I would definately go with the previous suggestion, especially the 'schooldigger' website. But also know that Warren and 4th Street do not meet. You probably mean Warren and 4th Avenue. There is a newly renovated school, I believe elementary, on the corner of Baltic and 4th Avenue, just a couple of blocks away.
Hello Stacy,

Here is everything you need to know about the area around Warren and 4th Avenue:

Luke Constantino
Keller Williams Real Estate
9120 4th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11209
Direct: (212) 300-3919
Office: (718) 954 8400
Best is subjective, therefore consider researching on your own; for possible helpful information see links...................