Schools in 20744>Question Details

Jonquille28, Home Buyer in Fort Washington, MD

The school ratings are very low. I am worried about my kids education and safety in this area.

Asked by Jonquille28, Fort Washington, MD Fri Jan 27, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 20744

Answers

3
I would suggest moving to this area if, and only if you can afford to send your kid(s) to private school. The schools in all of PG County, not just Ft. Washington, are HORRIBLE!!!! And, regarding safety...I mean, the "boogie man" is everywhere, not just Ft. Washington.
This is just another reason the parents should have "School Choice" . School choice is now state law in Indiana with 4 other state legislatures working on legislation to provide school choice.

Do you research on local schools and conduct your home search with- in the boundries of those schools.

Greg Myers
You can scope out homes in areas and do the necessary data research regarding schools and crime statistics. However, only you can determine what is acceptable to you in terms of educational needs and safety for your family. These are personal decisions that you must make yourself.

Regarding the school ratings, I would suggest that you do visits to the the schools that serve the prospective home you desire. Meet with the teachers, principal and watch the students interact in the classroom and/or at after school activities. Perhaps this will give you additional insight behind the school ratings and provide further information on which you can decide if the school district will provide the level of expectation you desire.

Kimberly Barton, REALTOR
Champion Realty, Inc.
410-224-0645 Direct