Schools in Austin>Question Details

alenka5anat, Home Buyer in Russia, OH

Tell me please,how much will it cost this is the house for foreigners and what is the annual tax and monthly maintenance costs.

Asked by alenka5anat, Russia, OH Sat Nov 3, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3075542882-341-Lexington-Dr-A…

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Austin

Answers

4
alenka5anat, I see you were already advised that this house sold a while back. If you are not yet working with a Realtor, and would like some free professional assistance in finding another home to purchase, feel free to contact me and I will do all I can to help you. I can set you up on a free website that will give you direct access to properties that ARE still available and any new properties that come on the market each day. It is a great tool for you and keeps you updated daily! I also have a great team of lenders if you need financing, and I work with foreign buyers on a regular basis. Feel free to click on my name and review my Credentials and Client Testimonials, and let me know if I may be of assistance. By the way, foreigners do not pay any more than US citizens with regard to purchase price. Also, I specialize in Negotiations and have negotiated for buyers like you for over 22 years!

Joe Jarusinsky, Keller Williams Realty, America's #1 Rated Real Estate Company by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Associates 2012)
512-261-4415
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
Hello Alena. That particular house sold back in May of this year. it's one of the problems of depending on sites like this, in that their data is usually inaccurate and out of date. To get actual data, you need to have current MLS data on homes. I can provide that to you, just contact me. Now, with respect to this one, the costs would be typical and close, but not accurate down to the penny. Annual tax on this home is $6,192 (2011 charge). The HOA fee is $450 annually. Maintenance costs on a home like this that is relatively new (it was built in 2004), should be minimal. Utility costs will vary according to what the consumer uses in terms of electricty, gas and water. To avoid large out of pocket maintenance costs on things like the appliances, HVAC, plumbing and electrical, you can purchase a home warranty maintenance service that will provide repair and replacement service for an annual fee of between $400 and $600 with a copay for a service call that will vary from $50 to $70 per event. There are no additional costs for being a foreigner that I am aware of. For example, there are no special taxes or anything like that.

I hope this helps you understand the basics, and you can contact me for additional information for any questions I didn't answer.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
Hello, Anlenka

This house is no longer available, it was sold in May. For your information the property tax on this house in this neighborhood is about $6000 and the homeowners association fee is
$450/year.

From you question I understand you are not an American citizen, right? It doesn't matter really, the price is the same no matter who buys it. Foreigners buy homes in the USA all the time, but it's advisable to consult a tax accountant to see what the implications are when later on you would sell the house.

If you are interested in bying a home in Austin in this neighborhood or any other one, I would be happy to help you with the purchase. Call or email me to discuss this in more detail.

Dasvidania,

Vivianne Dordea, Realtor
Sierra Homes Realty
512-554-5997
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
This house sold 5 months ago. Go to "http://www.viewaustinrealestate.com" this is a real time MLS search. As foreigners you only pay a tax when you sell the home and only on the profit you make. Most property taxes in this area are between 2.1 to 2.5% of the assessed value. Need any help? call me 512 751 5996
Julian
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012