Schools in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Rhea, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Tax code is showing, Grand Rapids PSD, but it is $2,014/yr.... my concern is, it is in East Grand Rapids School District? Can my kids attend EGR Sch?

Asked by Rhea, Houston, TX Thu May 31, 2012

Answers

7
Contactjmc - where do you see the address listed? I asked for the address early on in this post as I was going to look up - but per your comment - it suggest you know the address? Where are you seeing it?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
I can't believe the realtors below did not know that answer to your question! If they took the time to actually look up an answer to your question they would know that this street is in East Grand Rapids and the taxes are EGR taxes and NOT Grand Rapids township. Your kids would automatically get into EGR schools. Be prepared for a much higher property tax bill than what you've indicated in your email.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
Since the tax code is showing GR public, the only way to get into EGR schools is through school of choice and there are no guarantees as to whether or not you would get it.
Web Reference: http://www.brekschutten.com
Please call me at 616 308 2631, or email me at kroelofs@grar.com. I should be able to help you.

Thanks!!

Karl
If the house is located within the Grand Rapids Public School District, the only way your children can attend the East Grand Rapids schools is to apply under the School of Choice lottery program for an opportunity to send them to EGR. EGR is a popular district and many people apply, but very few of these applications are granted. There would be no guarantees that your children would be accepted. The best bet is to buy a home within the EGR school district.
We do have school of choice for for EGR it is very hard to get in, some grades are full. Wondering what the address is - you can call the school district to see if it is or not EGR. However if you let me know the address I can fin out for you.
Good Morning Rhea,

In Michigan we have a program called school of choice. You can read more on it's criteria by clicking on the link below.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Ceili