Schools in Creedmoor>Question Details

Sonya Culley, Other/Just Looking in Franklinton, NC

Special education programs at Mt. Energy?

Asked by Sonya Culley, Franklinton, NC Thu Nov 6, 2008

My daughter, who just turned 4 is going through an Autism/Special Needs assessment and it's based at Mt. Energy. The class she visits is very small and seems to be on top of things, plus there are 2 teachers so the child to teacher ratio is excellent. If my daughter is considered special needs by the school, I'd like to get her into Mt. Energy if possible. We live in the Wilton district, and my 2 older children go there. Does anyone know how difficult it would be to get my youngest child enrolled in Mt. Energy if she is places into special classes, and could I do it this school year, or would I need to wait until the Fall? I just want to get her the best help that I can as soon as I can. Thanks!

Answers

1
Hi Sonya-

I would suggest talking to the school board. It may be very possible to get all your children enrolled in that school. Express your concerns of convience and security. It's security blanket for your 4 year old to be able to recognize familiar faces such as her siblings and its more convenient for you to beable to have all you children in one school for timely responses. There are forms that the school board has that you can feel out. Also, it may be a great idea to have the teacher express her concerns about the benefits your daughter will receive and the necessity of having them all at the same school.

Hope this works out in your favor!
-Debbie Rogers, Realtor