Schools in Getty Square>Question Details

Lisa.Dennison, Home Buyer in Yonkers, NY

School Zones/Maps

Asked by Lisa.Dennison, Yonkers, NY Tue Feb 26, 2013

Relocating to Westchester from UK and have no idea how school catchment areas work. Do you have to live in specified roads to have access to any given Elementary school or can you live anywhere in the school district? If so, are there maps available so we can see which streets apply to which schools? We're looking at the Scarsdale or Edgemont school districts.

Answers

4
Robert Granata’s answer
All the info below is accurate, but it might also be effective to go the the various school districts' web sites. Start here:

http://www.newyorkschools.com/counties/westchester.html

Scroll to the bottom for links to EVERY school district in the county, and (forgive me) "Bobs your uncle".

Bob Granata 914 668-9514
Schools in Westchester have the invisible lines you are describe to establish which school you will go to even in district.

Scarsdale has 5 elementary schools all going to one middle school and one high school. Edgemont has two elementary schools going to one middle and high school.

I live in Scarsdale and also sell homes there. I know the lines in my sleep. Most homes listed with have a P.O. address and a school district listed. If you pay attention to that it should also show you the elementary school. I can set up a search for you to specifically do that as well.

If you would like me to help you further please contact me directly as I will be happy to help you.

Mindy Gerstein
Prudential Centennial Realty
mindygerstein@prucentennial.com
(914)355-8393
Realtors can search by school district. You must search by school area because often town or city searches can land you outside of the desired search parameters. If you need assistance...AskRey.

Like AskReynet on Facebook

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

Direct 917-855-0277
rey@askrey.net
Web Reference: http://www.askrey.net
Hi, The schools are broken down into districts and where you live plays a big part in determining the school your child will attend. Scarsdale encompasses Scarsdale, New Rochelle, Edgemont, and Eastchester schools. If you would like, I can do a search through the Multiple Listing Service for your specific district. This way you know the homes I send will be within the district you want. Honestly it's the easiest way to do this.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023