Schools in Woodstock>Question Details

Phillip Lacoi…, Home Buyer in Appleton, WI

Relocating with job working in Roswell near Holcomb Bridge Rd off I-400. Which neighborhoods have the best schools?

Asked by Phillip Lacoi Hutchison, Appleton, WI Sun Nov 24, 2013

Good Morning Mr. & Mrs. Hutchison

I have included an article that gives you a breakdown of school rankings.…

Based on the above article it appears Marietta, GA(Cobb County) had the most schools in the top 50. Although my wife and I just built a home in Woodstock because we think the schools are pretty good there as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for time.

Russell J. Elam
Mortgage Loan Originator
NMLS# 174514
First Community Mortgage Inc., a division of First Community Bank NMLS# 629700
1455 Lincoln Parkway Ste 260
Atlanta GA 30346
Direct 678 381 2258 Efax 866 381 2250 Cell 615 394 3532
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 25, 2013
School data is easily found on sites like but go easy on focusing only on scores. The best match is one that blends all phases of school, not just test scores. If you look at the north Fulton schools in the area you will see some of the best scoring - beyond that you need to evaluate the key points.

As far as Cherokee County and the schools noted below - the concern there may be traffic. The grid lock is significant around here, in peak hours you could look at 45 minutes from woodstock to 400.

I'm an appraiser as well as broker, intimately familiar with the areas, data and traffic. Let me know if I can help -

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 25, 2013
We moved from northern Illinois 30 years ago to cherokee county. Sequoyah high school is closest to Roswell and scores nationally !
Are you already working with a realtor?
Ginny herman
Prudential ga ( soon to be Berkshire Hathaway!)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 25, 2013
Arbor Realty Group - 770-241-2128

We at Arbor Realty Group absolutely agree with the recommendations below for Woodstock schools including Etowah High School. We service the areas of Cobb, Cherokee, Forsyth and Fulton counties. Each of those counties have great schools and fantastic neighborhoods. Please let us know if you have any additional questions as we would love to help.

We look forward to hearing from you. Have a great night!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Welcome to Georgia. You will love the weather. We moved from Waukesha approx. 20 years ago. The best schools in my opinion are Bascomb Elementary, Booth Middle and Etowah High School. You may want t check out the scores.
I am speaking from personal experience. When we first moved from Wisconsin we received recommendations to move to Cobb County for the excellent schools. We left Cobb County and moved up to Towne Lake in Cherokee County 4 years later for the great schools there and have never looked back. My sons have gone to all of the above schools I mentioned and they have gotten even better over the years!!!
It is also very easy easy commute from Roswell to Woodstock.
I wish you the best of luck!!! Hope this helps a little.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013