Schools in Highlands Ranch>Question Details

Sal & Ma…, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Relocating to Highlands Ranch from SF. Are there any elementary schools with a traditional calendar vs transitional? Private schools?

Asked by Sal & Marisa, Orlando, FL Mon Sep 30, 2013

Answers

7
Hi Sal & Marisa: There are quite a few elementary schools in Highlands Ranch with a traditional, or conventional as they call it, calendar. They are, Arrowwood, Bear Canyon, Copper Mesa, Cougar Run, Fox Creek, Heritage, Redstone, Sand Creek and Summit View. You can review all of these schools, and see their calendars, at http://www.dcsdk12.org.
Web Reference: http://dcdk12.org
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Arrowwood Elementray School is another elementary school on a traditional calendar. I lived here for nearly 15 years, and my children attended this school. Highlands Ranch offers many fine schools, and is one of the best places in the country to live.

If you would like to have a concierge approach to home buying, let me know. My email is TheColoradoDealMaker@gmail.com,

Thanks!
Lou Farris
The Colorado Deal Maker
Your Castle Real Estate
720.255.7148
http://www.coloradodealmakers.com
Flag Wed Oct 30, 2013
Hi Sal & Marisa: Just fyi I can set you up for an auto-search the MLS specifically for homes that attend Heritage Elementary School, with no obligation of course my sister Kathy and I just like to offer this service to everyone. If you do find you need a local real estate agent to help you I hope you'll keep us in mind. Please check us out at http://www.sampronsisters.com. We specialize in Highlands Ranch and just recently helped a family relocate here from California. Hope you have a great day, and welcome (soon) to our beautiful state. Carrie
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013
Thank you for the helpful information! We want to make this transition as smooth as possible. How do I find a house zoned for the specific school. We want to be in a subdivision that is zoned for Heritage.
Flag Mon Sep 30, 2013
Hello! There are some great Highlands Ranch schools which are on a traditional calendar. I have an amazing home coming up in the Wildcat Elementary area - and Wildcat follows a traditional calendar. Lone Tree Elementary takes it a step further with a modified traditional calendar giving you a bit more vacation time in December (a few more days). Let me know if I can assist you in choosing an area! Dawn Tieken 720-339-8977
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Douglas County schools which services Highlands Ranch Has a summer vacation, So I presume this is what you mean by a traditional calendar? As opposed to year round school.. If you check out the scores Douglas County Schools generally rank high. The people that live here are very proud of the schools. Please visit my website at LaneTeamDenver.com

Feel free to contact me with any questions. I am an agent that lives and works in Highlands Ranch.

Jim Lane
303-549-7212
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
There are plenty. The nice thing about tracks (all 3 of my kids were on tracks in elementary school) is the don't lose what they learn - with shorter breaks.

Most of the older areas of HR are on the conventional calendar.

I live and work in Highlands Ranch.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Sal and Marisa
Two other areas that might also be of interest is Stapleton to the North and Ken Caryl to the West. Not a lot of diversity in Denver Suburbs but offer a lot of fun cultural/diverse activities for kids and families on the weekends in the City neighborhoods.
My personal favorite is Ken Caryl due the Colorado lifestyle...deer and other wildlife everywhere. Great place to grow up with great schools
I also see you may be looking at Heritage Elementary - the boundary link is below
Hello
I relocated here 8 years ago with a young family at the point, so I have experienced trials of looking for schools. Please see the link below of private school in Colorado, and I can get you navigate which are the closest for you. There are also some charter schools on traditional calendars.

I also live in Highlands Ranch.

Julie Reddington
720 226 4168
JulieR@Coloradohomerealty.com