Schools in Fort Mill>Question Details

Reusswig, Home Buyer in Fort Mill, SC

Relocating from Denver to Charlotte area, would love a review of Sugar Creek Elementary School

Asked by Reusswig, Fort Mill, SC Thu May 10, 2012

Answers

3
Sugar Creek Elementary school is an excellent school. My son attends there and I have nothing bad to say about it. As a matter of fact, the Fort Mill School district is rated 10 out of 10 on greatschools.com and they are in the top 8 percent of the country. If you need any help finding a rental or a home I would love to help. please contact me at pmcampo9@yahoo.com, Studio1realty.com .
Coming from a non-realtor, I personally love Denver, but grew up in FM - currently live in Charlotte. If you have a family, Fort Mill is prime for young families because the school systems are top notch. You may also want to keep the Concord area on your radar too if schools are your focus. If you have a good budget and not concerned with schools, just a couple of miles south of Charlotte is the adorable historic Dilworth that is full of the artsy-type young families/singles alike. These houses are old and full of character, but usually around 400k+. Other than Dilworth, the rest of the Charlotte area is real difficult to judge if you're in a good area until you live here a while and really become familiar with the good and bad spots. Almost all of the families in Dilworth send then kids to private schools.

I could go on and on about FM and Charlotte as those are my comfort zones, but just a note on FM --- it's grown exponentially over the past 5-10 years and shows no signs of slowing, so this adds in some traffic and congestion. Also a key area a lot of people have been moving to is around hwy 521 near Ballantyne .... I would jump infront of a moving semi before commuting from that area to Charlotte for work, so beware of that.

Hope this helps!!!
Ah I still miss CO!! Moved in 1976, lived in the springs. Check out http://ed.sc.gov/data/report-cards/ for info on schools.

Fort Mill and surrounding area is lovely. You might want to check out York too. I handle those areas and do a lot of relocation. Would love to help!