Schools in Suches>Question Details

Edward Nethe…, Home Buyer in Decatur, GA

Question about Woody Gap School - These 2 parent reviews are quite odd to me. What is going on up there?

Asked by Edward Nethery, Decatur, GA Thu Oct 30, 2008

I looked carefully at the GA test scoring for Woody Gap. The kids start out far below average with very poor language skills. Then the scores progressively rise until Woody Gap students reach near 100% pass rates by the 11th grade. There are about 12 students per teacher, and 2 apparently disgruntled parents. We have kids aged 14, 10 and 2. I think I like Woody Gap School. Why am I wrong?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Suches

Answers

1
Ed -

Schools, like many other things are viewed subjectively. The test scores are probably the most reliable indicators of performance and trends. The bottom line is that each situation is unique and what works for you may not for other parents. If you have concerns, hit the bookstore and get a few grade appropriate workbooks for the kids - see how they do with material outside of the class. Obviously keep in contact with their teachers as they will best alert you to any issues - and stay involved with the kids and their work.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 31, 2008