Schools in Lake Havasu City>Question Details

Richard, Other/Just Looking in Tucson, AZ

Question about Calvary Christian Academy

Asked by Richard, Tucson, AZ Tue Oct 28, 2008

where do you send the 9-12 graders, after leaving Calvary Christian academy, to continue their Christian based education in the Lake Havasu area?

Answers

4
The only High School we have here is Lake Havasu High school. While I would like to see a private High School here I don't see that happening for a few years. I myself went to a private Catholic High School and so did my children. Our High School is very good and they offer an array of academics and sports. We are a small town so the High School is nothing like it is in LA or other sububurn areas. Very low key and great kids.
Richard, my child goes to Calvary as well but right now there are not any other options for Christian schools for the 9-12th grades. I grew up in Lake Havasu City and attended schools through 12th grade. I feel Calvary offers a great foundation for a Christian education but it will be some time before they build their new building which will offer high school. Overall Lake Havasu High school is good and I hope that kids from Calvary will carry over their Christain values to the public schools. I personally would be ok with sending my children the the public High school after Calvary. The church still offers a great youth program to keep the kids involved outside of school.
Richard,

Your best course of action is going to be to make direct contact with Calvary Christian Acadamy. They will have the answers for your questions.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 5, 2008
Calvary Christian Acadamy has plans to relocate and build a much larger academy. The plans do include space for grades 9-12. Our children attend Calvary, and we love it there.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 5, 2008