Schools in Bernardsville>Question Details

Mathu_badri, Home Buyer in Laurel, MD

Please let me know how is bedwell elementary school in bernardsville

Asked by Mathu_badri, Laurel, MD Thu Sep 19, 2013

I hear good comments about both basking ridge and bernardsville but the elem school in bernardville is not rated as good as bernards twnsp schools (basking ridge). any reason why, are the ratings not correct, what is parents personal opinion?

Answers

3
We moved to Bernardsville 3 years ago and I have 2 children at Bedwell (the Elem school in Bernardsville). What I liked about Bedwell was that it is the only elementary school in town so everyone goes to the same school. I came from a town that had 5 separate elementary schools and was always asked the question, "Which elementary school are you in?" Playdates were set up based on which school you attended.

Another thing I like is that in 3rd grade, the kids can get music lessons before school once a week at 8 am on Tuesdays. There is also a singing group before school too that meets on Wed. For your gifted math students, there is a class that meets on Thursday mornings at 8 am. There is also a great deal of parental involvement.

They expect the young students to read a minimum of 20 minutes a night.
All three of my children attended the Bernardsville elementary school. I was very pleased with the academics offered. I'm not sure what ratings you are referring to..keep in mind the Basking Ridge school system is double the size of Bernardsville, so maybe that has something to do with how the ratings were compiled.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
Both the Bernards Township and Bernardsville Boro schools have fine reputations. I have received only positive feedback from parents who have children in each of these districts. Ratings are not always the final word...
Pat Pertusi