Schools in Santa Clarita>Question Details

Deepak, Renter in Sunnyvale, CA

On great schools website Sugus High school is rated at 7 and here it shows 9 why a difference?

Asked by Deepak, Sunnyvale, CA Fri Nov 16, 2012

This question was asked from…

I am an alumni of Saugus High, class of 89, and I have been selling Real Estate in this area for over 20 years. I have one child in the local school system and I have taught for the schools here. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Rich Szerman
Silver Creek Realty
Listen, the schools here in Santa Clarita are the best in LA, you can't go wrong here. Saugus has increased their rank because schools here strive to improve and the communities are very involved. If your planning on relocating to Santa Clarita, whatever school you choose, you will be happy as will your kids. Trulia has some helpful links for demographics and what not...and it's a good place to start but if you're not happy with what they say, do further investigating on your own.
As a resident here in Santa Clarita I am so happy I moved here for the schools:)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Hi Deepak,
I see what you are saying now. I guess this is a question for Trulia more specifically. Possibly Great has more recent findings. I am sorry I do not have a definitive answer. Good luck on your home search in Santa Clarita. As a resident for over 28 years I can attest that it is an awesome place to raise your family.

If you have any questions or real estate needs please feel free to contact me.
Kim Campbell
Pinnacle Estate Properties, Inc.
Kim one more thing, given your current observations in the mortgage scenarios, what are your thoughts on following:
I already have a home that I have a mortgage on (and have PMIs) on it. Its now rented out. Will it be easy to get a mortgage for another house with minimal down payment?
Flag Fri Nov 16, 2012
Kim, I am taking a job in Burbank, would you be able to suggest how long could the commute be from say Valencia/ Saugus/etc areas to Burbank?
Will appreciate.
Flag Fri Nov 16, 2012
I mean when you look at a home listed in the saugus high school zip code, for example…
look at the school rating at trulia for this listing.
Hi Deepak,
Could you please explain what you mean by "here'. The 7 rating at the Great Schools website is gathered from test results.…
On this website, it scored an 8.
Ultimately, we have excellent schools in Santa Clarita, CA.
Hope this helps.
Kim Campbell
Pinnacle Estate Properties, Inc