Schools in 30076>Question Details

Tima128, Home Buyer in Alpharetta, GA

Need opinions on Roswell Schools: River Eves, Holcomb Bridge Middle, & Centennial High please...

Asked by Tima128, Alpharetta, GA Fri Apr 10, 2009

Hi, my wife and I are currently in the market for a new home and are considering a home in Sentinel on the River in Roswell but are a little hesitant due to what we are hearing about the school system there. Is anyone familiar with River Eves, Holcomb Bridge Middle, & Centennial? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 30076

Answers

7
My son went to Holcomb Bridge Middle and Centennial, both are known to be great schools. Check out Studdiford subdivision. An established friendly neighborhood with active pool and tennis.
Maryann gave you the correct answer. We Realtor are not supposed to give you our personal opinions on school districts. You can go on the the the Web and look these schools up in North Fulton and see how they are rated as to Math, Reading, Spelling, etc.
I live and work in the area you are looking at and can show you homes in the area. I know it well.
After I find out what you desire in a home I will put you on track.

Best of Luck

Marcia Brown Associate Broker
Keller Williams North Atlanta
770-757-3376
In addition to the good advice you have already received, I might also add that given the price range you are considering..there are some wonderful homes in Horseshoe Bend, Nesbit Lakes, and even Ellard--neighborhoods in the same high school district but with wonderful amenities in addition to beautiful homes.
Go easy with Sentinel - history of distressed homes in there. I've been in there over the last several years appraising homes teetering on the edge of falling over - several have.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
678-428-8276
Check out also http://www.greatschools.net

Supposedly Holcomb Bridge Middle is about to have a "change" that would theoretically be for the positive - you might want to check that out.

Sentinel on the River is of course, a great neighborhood. I would be happy to answer any questions you have directly if you like!

Lee
leeadkins@remax.net
404 966 3247
Web Reference: http://www.leeadkins.net
It is unethical for Realtors to provide opinions on school systems but we can certainly provide links to facts, as the previous realtor has shared. Above and beyond that, I actually live in the district so can answer any questions you may have. Test scores are only one component of making decisions about schools; one should also investigate how active the PTSA is, the AP standing of the high school, and MOST OF ALL, visit the schools.
Here is a link I often use for school comparisons, Tima. Hope this helps.

http://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schoolrank.aspx