Schools in Middleton>Question Details

D Reali, Both Buyer and Seller in R.I.

My son has a very hard time trying to keep up with the class work giving here in R.I. Do you support our help?

Asked by D Reali, R.I. Fri Jan 16, 2009

This question is about Middleton High School:

I have worked as a high school teacher and what I can tell that there may be many reasons.
The most important one is the lake of motivation. It may be the subject matter, peer pressure or simply getting your attention! Sometime just a power struggle between two parties (parent / child; teacher/child)

See how his friends are doing and also talk to your son in a friendly manner putting yourself into his shoe.
Web Reference:

Students that struggle, do so for a number of reasons. You should contact his school guidance counselor to find out from their perspective what the nature of the problem is and what they and you can do to support him.
There are programs available, depending on his needs, that may make a difference.

It is good that you are expressing a take it to the school staff for their support.