Schools in Isle of Palms>Question Details

Nancy, Both Buyer and Seller in Orange Park, FL

My husband is interested in the neighborhood of Isle of Palms. I on the other hand am not so sure. Is this area even safe for young children.?

Asked by Nancy, Orange Park, FL Thu Feb 2, 2012

Seems chaotic around there. What does Isle of Palms have to offer a child and what about the schools? Not too keen on Duval. :)

Answers

4
I would recommend Clay or St Johns, especially for schools.... what neighborhood is truly "safe"? You can reduce your odds to an extent with arms, alarms etc.... but there are no "safe neighborhoods... not even gated communities. You can check crime stats locally and child molesters on FDLE website, that is a good start. We personally live on acreage in the country but we have dogs and firearms : ) .... you never know. Isle of Palms is not a bad area, most of the crime occurs by people in the area, there are not a lot of through streets... crime is usually either transient (outsiders coming into the neighborhood) or within the neighborhood (residents). I would pay attention to potential for violent crime or crimes that would affect my children in any area I was looking in....

rick@firstcoasthomehunters.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 2, 2012
Hi, the best way to determine if you would like an area is to check out http://www.citydata.com and to drive the neighborhood at different times and days. To "Steer" anyone into or away from a neighborhood is a violation of our licensing. I am very familiar with Isle of Palms and it truly depends on what your needs are. I know of some great areas all over Duval and St Johns counties, in various price ranges. Shoot me an email or give me a call, I would be more than happy to set you up, free of charge, to look for properties on the Multiple Listing Service. You choose, change your criteria when it suits you. 904-482-8666. Looking forward to helping you find your new home.
The Isle of Palms is well established neighborhood as a resident of Jax Bch area since 1968 I have many friends who live there now and enjoy the amenities the beaches have to offer. But don't take my word for drive the area at 5:pm When the kids are out and the parents are coming home. Stop and ask they are all friendly.I have include all the listings for The Isle of Palms please fell free to call me i would be glad to help and answer any question you might have Lance Sheridan 904.803.1764

This is a very good question. You can go to citydata.com to view all stats on an area and more. You should also go to the Duval county webpage http://www.coj.net and you can actually pull up crime stats in a specific area by entering an address, go to: http://www.coj.net/Departments/Sheriffs-Office/Crime-Statist…

This is a very helpful site.

If I can be of further service let me know, Melanie Baird of INI realty 904-304-1500, or melaniebaird12@yahoo.com
Melanie